Saturday, August 30, 2008

Casey Kasem

Two charts I followed in the early '90s (on shortwave radio) were BBC's Multitrack Top 10 (hosted by Tim Smith) and Billboard Top 10 on Now music USA (VOA, hosted by Ray McDonald). Casey's Top 40, hosted by Casey Kasem, was aired on VOA Europe. On the first listen itself I was blown away by his style and format of the program. As the Wiki entry says, he pioneered the format of countdown shows.

I received this autographed picture from Casey Kasem (in 1993, I guess) and is the best thing in my radio memorabilia collection.
Now you can hear Casey Kasem on Radio Indigo in Bangalore on weekends.

Keep reaching for the stars!

1 comment:

mete sonmez - meteson@gmail.com said...

I used to listen BBC's multitrack top 10 in the late 80's & in the early '90s and it's really nice to remember that ! thanks