Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A jollygood show!

This blog is dedicated to one of the most powerful medium of communications - Radio. I am a radio junkie, and it is radio that shaped my worldview, if not my life. I live in India, a country where radio broadcast rights were exclusively held by the state till mid 90s, with one or two stations in a region - the only relief being the shortwave radio (during my school days).

Though not in a full blown way, and thanks to technological advances, I too witnessed the radio revolution in India. Now I listen to NPR on Worldspace, BBC Radio 2 on the internet, and the privately held Radio Indigo FM on my car Radio in Bangalore.

Well, if I can sustain the enthusiasm to keep this blog alive, you'll find radio news, links, views, fun stuff and some nostalgia here.

About the title: If you are not much into early Woody Allen movies (which did not have any steamy scenes like the recent releases), the title of this blog is from the fantastic Woody Allen movie of the same name - Radio Days - Allen's tribute to an affair that lasted long - Radio.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SIR IT GIVES A VERY MOST USEFULL INFORMATION VERY THANK FULL TO U ...............ONE REQUEST PLEASE I AM STUDYING MSC-ELECTRONICS AND INSTRUMENTATION IN S.K.UNIVERSITY.....PLEASE GIVE AN INFORMATION OF COLLEGE RADIO PROJECT